29 March 2009

Chix & RTSs.

I don't know about you guys, but I just can't be arsed micro-managing special units in RTSs. I'd sooner rush my opponent mindlessly and get each and every unit slaughtered before I bothered with niggly recon crap like spawning broodlings, irradiating, and so-on-and-so-forthing [which is sad for me, if you know how much I love Starcraft]. I suppose that explains why I love this so much:


Ah, Hell March. It's like music to my ears.

Red Alert requires a whole lot less multi-tasking than most. It's a pity I still suck at it, though. And it's all because I can't be bothered putting the effort into those special units and abilities. Which is why I propose a hypothesis:

Women, being the masters of multi-tasking (and hence micro-management), should be naturally pre-disposed to pwning at real-time strategy games.


So, whaddaya think? Are there any representatives of the fairer sex that out there can speak definitively on the subject? Have you ever been schooled in the art of war by a lady friend? If so, I'd be genuinely interested to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment